the Aftermath: Deutschlands bester Autofahrer




Hey Guys


Better late than never ...
Two weeks ago I took part at the competition "Deutschlands bester Autofahrer" (engl. "Germanys best driver") in Fürstenfeldbruck, near Munich. It's since more than 20 years organized by a big german car magazine. Here you find my first announcement after recieving the invitation in May.
As I really had to "work" there, to get everything well, I only took my crappy Camera with me and left the DSLR in my Car ... better for it :)

The day was really a asset and I can advice a participation to everyone!

So, what have the other 40 people and I done this day?


Everything began at 9am in Fürstenfeldbruck at the barracks areal.
Each group, about 10 persons, got an own instructor (the one of my group was Lisa) and 6 cars - 4 with an manual transmission and 2 with an automatic transmission (the "mustard" colored ones).
While the morning hours we did some for safety training usual tasks like emergency brakes with a wet underground, "racing" a parcour and similar things.

After the lunch the big Competition started. And the bad weather.
Now, the first task was propably everyones favourite (Irony, Irony!) - a written exam about the driving rules everyone had learned while driving school.

Later the second task was racing the parcour on time, one after the other started.
My result would have been very good ... If I hadn't muddled the gas pedal and the break pedal ... :(
But the other did really a very good job!

Then, the rain started to get heavier and nearly everyone was completely wet after this. So plans were changed and while the next competition, controlled lane change, the ones who had to wait, were able to sit in the other Ford Focus, which were the Cars we drove that day.
After I was named and did it the 3 times, we were able to try, I had to leave cause at the same day there was my graduation at school (and 200 km to go).

So I left after this task for the Competition for "Deutschlands bester Autofahrer" - but after I muddled the pedals I realized that my chances to win went to zero... and so I gave the path free for the others to win ;)

But, in end I wasn't the really last one, but near :)


A bit about this Competition...
"Deutschlands bester Autofahrer" (Germanys best Driver) is organized since more than 20 years by the german automotive magazine Auto Bild and takes place every year. Special in 2011 is that the almost same Competition takes place in China and the best 3 of them win a travel to Europe and will be at the german final with each the best ones of every city in Baden-Baden in September.

As an result, it was a very fun day (also thanks to my partner Oli while this day!!), met new people and some of the things will really help in "real life driving" if a dangerous situation comes.
Also thanks to all the nice people from Auto Bild for organizing everything and be so kind and funny the whole day!! :)



we were driving fast ...






.... you don't need more details ...




Pics were all taken by myself, so please note the copyright ;)

Lisa

You can find me also on Facebook, Flickr, twitter, Bloglovin and of course on YouTube.

Comments