Test Drive and Review: TESLA ROADSTER SPORT


Hey Guys
As you've already seen if you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, I went to Zurich yesterday and also had the chance to test drive a Tesla Roadster Sport.
Thanks to Tesla Zurich for the opportunity!

My first real Contact with the Roadster was during "the electric avenue" in Friedrichshafen in 2011, as a passenger we've driven a round with this white beauty (you can find the Video HERE). Since then I've driven a lot other Elekctric Cars, and now, finally, I found myself behind the wheel of one, yay!


As a real Sportscar the Roadster is low as possible, has a tight but not to hard suspension, direct steering (no servo assistance) and a chassis that is like a cocoon that nestles around the driver and passenger. And of course Power to the hilt.

So then, I've used the Key to open the Tesla. Orange with a Carbon Hardtop and has has already been waiting for me right outside the Tesla Store at Pelikanstrasse 10. So I've and jumped in and lots of Carbon awaited me - awesome!
In the middle of the Dashboard there is a navigation/Radio/CD-System. Right next to the hand brake there is a cable to connect your iPhone, Android or BlackBerry to listen to your own Music or to use it for handsfree Phoning with the integrated speakers.

Now the key in the ignition and go. No Sound, just some lights. Okay, the Car is ready! Of the possible buttons D, R, P and N I've choosen D and uff - I haven't had expected that there is no servo assistance. Ok, Challenge accepted. So I've first touched the gas pedal soft to get a feeling for an Electric Car again - full acceleration up from the beginning, that's something you really need to get used to.
The Roadsters Brake is also something you first should get used to it! As it recuperates the Braking Energy back to the Battery sure, energy gets "lost" for driving. But when you even lift your foot from the gas edal it immediately starts to recuperate and stops. Whoa, that was something new for me. And my neck.

After some driving through Zurich City we went on the Autobahn ... 100 km/h was the maximum allowed Speed there, grr. The Roadster is anywhy limited to a maximum of 200 km/h (it could run much more!), but driving at least a bit over 100 km/h would have been really nice ... dear Swiss Geovernments!

Summary: The Tesla Roadster Sport is a Sportscar, powered by Electricity. it has definitely the same abbilities as its personal Idol, the Lotus Elise. But the Roadster is not just a Copy of the british sportscar, it is "Made in California" and thanks to the genius Guys in the Silicon Valley, they were able to write an awesome Setting to reach a minimum range of 300 km. Even 500 km are possible after just charging it once.
The Roadster embed the path for Tesla to become the best automotive manufacturer in the EV-Scene. With the Model S following this Summer in Europe it will be a huge step for the Palo Alto based Company.

The Tesla Roadster, Tesla's first Car, was produced from 2008 to 2012 in sunny California (and in the UK). More than 2,400 ones were sold since then. 160 of them are currently driving in Switzerland, 300 in Germany. The base price in the United States is US$109,000, GB£86,950 in the United Kingdom, A$191,888 in Australia, and €84,000 in continental Europe.

In May the first Tesla Model S will be delivered in Europe to their Owners. In Switzerland there are already more than 250 preorders placed!

Tomorrow I will tell you more about my "Mobility Day" I had yesterday and also about the Charging possibilities and the (unneccesary fear of running out of Power).

For more pictures, check out my Tesla Roadster Sport Gallery.


Lisa

Comments