SCUDERIA FERRARI LOSES A FRIEND - Roberto Nosetto

Enzo Ferrari and Roberto Nosetto


Hey Guys

Oh my, what sad news ...
While its Formula 1 team was busy testing the F138 on the third day of the second pre-season session in Barcelona, Ferrari is in mourning today for the loss of Roberto Nosetto, who was the Scuderia’s Sporting Director in the second half of the Seventies. He passed away this morning in Gallipoli, in the province of Lecce, where for the past few years, he was enjoying a well deserved retirement after a lifetime spent in the world of racing. After his time at Ferrari, Nosetto became the Director of the Imola circuit and then worked as the Race Director, first in the Motorcycle World Championship and then in World Superbikes.

“The death of Roberto Nosetto has saddened me deeply,” commented Team Principal Stefano Domenicali. “Apart from his name being irrevocably linked to the history of Scuderia Ferrari, for me personally, he was a very important person, because it was under his tenure at the Imola circuit that I began my career in motor sport, when as a student, I tried to find things to do in the paddock, learning as much as possible from him, from his experience and above all, from his gentle nature.”

R.I.P. Roberto!


Lisa

Comments