Driving the Nordschleife with the M5 BMW M Ring-Taxi

BMW M Ring-Taxi BMW M5
BMW M Ring-Taxi - BMW M5

Hey Guys
Thanks to the Internet I sometimes feel like I have been to so many Places as I see so many Pictures and Videos that I really start to think that I already went there in Person. Last weekend I had such a Déjà vu when I went to the Nurburgring as I was able to join the Warm-Up Lap of the BMW Ring-Taxi around the Nordschleife. Seriously, who doesn't know the most famous gas station at Döttinger Höhe with their Webcam or Pictures of the thousands of Cars waiting to do a Lap on the Nordschleife?!

Outside the little House where you can book your Taxi-Drives around the Nordschleife there was already a - on the first look - inconspicuous Car waiting: a white BMW 5-Series. Wait, this is the Car? Okay, it was a M5 F10 with 560 hp and a maximum torque of 680 Newton meters 1500-5750 rpm. Well, these numbers are impressive .. but it's still a "family Car"?!


Inside this House I signed the required Disclaimer-Paper, received a nice Sticker with my Name on it and sat on one of the Chairs as the Track was still closed because someone "lost" much Oily color along the Track. Some parts of the asphalt even had to be sanded down as it was just too oily and too dangerous!! (Remember to Save the Ring)
After I grabbed the BMW Driving Experience Magazine and already read some Pages the long-awaited news came "The Ring is Open" - Yaii!

So I literally ran outside to the Car, it really is a normal production BMW M5 F10, and jumped on the passenger seat. The only thing that is "different" to the normal M5 is that the Ring-Taxi has better caramic brakes, that's it! Without a helmet and without racing seats Karl-Heinz Müller started the V8 engine - wroooom - and he drove the small road around the house to THE entrance of the Nordschleife. 560 hp and 22.810 km of pure Joy awaiting us!

Words really can't describe the Feelings and Emotions I had during the Ride. All I can remember is that I smiled like crazy all the time! And the enormous Speed and Brakes and Accelerations!

Actually I wanted to film the whole ride (Crap, I haven't had my GoPro with me!) but right after a few seconds and the first corner I stopped recording the Taxi-Drive with my iPhone as I already noticed that I was starting to care more about holding the Camera and my arm still so the Video won't be too shaky than focussing on the Ride. Sorry Guys ;)



I can really recommend you to do a "Touristenfahrt" before driving the Track by yourself for the first time as you get to learn the Track by someone who maybe already did 1.000.000 rounds on the Nordschleife and he so reeeally knows what he does!


BMW M offers about 20 rides per Day, so hurry up if you are interested ;) For more Information check out their Homepage: BMW M Ring Taxi


BMW M Ring-Taxi BMW M5 F10
BMW M Ring-Taxi BMW M5 F10
BMW M Ring-Taxi BMW M5 F10
BMW M Ring-Taxi BMW M5 F10
BMW M Ring-Taxi BMW M5 F10
BMW M Ring-Taxi BMW M5 F10
Akrapovic BMW M Ring-Taxi BMW M5 F10
BMW M Ring-Taxi BMW M5 F10
BMW M Ring-Taxi BMW M5 F10
BMW M Ring-Taxi BMW M5 F10
BMW M Ring-Taxi BMW M5 F10




Lisa

Comments