Testing UBER thanks to #UBERCadillac in Geneva


Hey Guys

There are definitely not many moments in life when you get picked up by a driver with a Cadillac Escalade and he drives you where ever you want to and also hands over your luggage after arriving at your destination. And there were definitely not many moments in my life that I was actually able to drive a Cadillac or be even driven by a chauffeur, in a Cadillac. In an Escalade.

And so it currently happens in Geneva, only during the Press Days of the annual Geneva Motor Show, that you are able to use UBER in Geneva. Click here for a List of Premieres during the Geneva Motor Show 2014.

Recommended Articles: Taking an UBER in Milan, Trying UBERpool in London, Uber in Amsterdam + Uber Code

But now some words about UBER, for the ones of you, that never heard about it: UBER is a venture founded startup and Transportation Network Company based in San Francisco in California. UBER is a mobile application "app" "that connects passengers with drivers of vehicles for hire and ridesharing services."
Their fleet consists of Cars like Lincoln Town Cars, Cadillac Escalades, BMW 7-series, Mercedes-Benz S5500 sedans and in the meantime much more.


How to book an UBER ride

Booking an UBER ride is basically very simple. First, you need to download the UBER App on your smartphone, App Store on iOS or Play Store on Android, and install the App. Now you set up an individual account for yourself and connect it either with your credit card or your Pay Pal Account. I did it with my Pay Pal account. So now you get a verification text message on your smartphone and need to type the 4 numbers in for verification. But don't delete this message ...

So if you are now in one of the by UBER operated Cities you simply start the app and it shows you the real-time location of the cars and drivers. Now you select your preferred location for a pick-up and book a drive.

After this step the App offered me to book a Cadillac, sure I want to (!), and then I needed to type those 4 numbers from this first text message in. Good that I haven't already deleted it! So it proceeded my booking and I was informed that my driver was on his way, with a Cadillac Escalade Hybrid. My Eyes turned big .. an ESCALADE, yay!

At the same time, I also received a message that my driver is on its way and then I received a call, from my driver. He wanted to apologise that he might be a bit later than the, by the App, estimated 3-4 minutes as there is so much traffic around. No Problem, I was seeing the huge traffic in front of Genevas Central Station as well and so I waited a bit. Right in the moment, I noticed a white BIG Car in between all the black smaller ones the driver called again. So I walked the last few meters to him and after my luggage was stored in the trunk the ride could start.

The Cadillac Escalade is a real luxurious car and there are even heated seats in the second row! Sometimes it felt like we were silently floating through the traffic and even once you felt and heard the acceleration out of its 6.0L Vortec® V8 Variable Valve Timing (VVT) engine with 332 hp @ 5100 rpm.

How coincidental that RIGHT in the moment the driver drove off the Radio played Macklemore's Song "White Walls". If you don't know this Song, it starts with these lyrics I wanna be free, I wanna just live Inside my Cadillac, that is my sh*t .. and so on. The song was definitely more than suitable for this ride.


Okay, some Tests (UBER VS regular Taxi VS Public Transport) report that UBER might be the most expensive one BUT it's the most comfortable one with the highest level of exclusiveness! I mean, you have your own Chauffeur and you're NOT driving in a crowded Bus or having to take a shabby and old taxi with a doubtful driver ... I mean, the UBER driver wears a Suit, doesn't this say everything?!

Sorry that the Screenshots are all in german but I'm using the App in German as I'm German ;)


And Yvan, if you are reading this right now, it was nice to drive with you and you deserve the 5-stars I gave you very well!





And now some Impressions of the Ride and the Car, the Cadillac Escalade Hybrid.




Lisa

Comments